Fem21 can be safely used by most women, from teenagers 13 years and up through to post-menopausein the mid 50’s. It’s useful to increase the dose of Fem21 (1 dose = 2 heaped teaspoons) up to 2/day during times of peak hormonal activity, mid-cycle around ovulation and in the week before a period. It is very common in the first 3 months of working on hormone balance for your cycles & symptoms to change. This shift may involve symptoms of detoxification, changes in cycle length or the quality of your periods. This is normal and beneficial as your body & hormones are balancing and clearing. Know this phase will pass and on the other side of it you’ll be looking, feeling and functioning like a new woman.
Cautions: Always seek the advice of a Health Care Professional
- Not recommended for use in pregnancy after 12 weeks.
- Not recommended whilst exclusively breastfeeding, generally safe to re-introduce after baby is 6 months.
- Not recommended if using oral contraceptives or implant devices as it may decrease the contraceptive action (can be used safely with an IUD)
- Monitoring is advised with high blood pressure if sensitive to licorice.
- Discuss use with your doctor or health care practitioner if you have any concerns